They can’t detect by the standard screening if you’ve taken Xanax (Alprazolam).
But if they’ll have reasonable suspicions they can perform a more accurate test for benzos and detect it easily. Be first.
Even a couple of Xanax pills taken without regular basis, last in the system for certain period of time. And that’s why so important to know long does Xanax stay in urine.
Time is critical
As for other drugs, it’s no exact time when Xanax leaves the body because of too much effect on its metabolism. Age, body mass, drug combination, the function of liver and kidney, metabolic rate vary from person to person in wide range.
In average, Xanax stays in urine if you’re:
Unfrequent user taking low doses
1-2 per week user taking moderate doses
Regular user taking high doses
Up to 2-4 days
Up to 7-10 days
Up to 4-6 weeks
For people with an excessive weight, Xanax stays longer. It fits for benzos too.
The cut-off of Xanax by-products in urine is 400 ng/mL and more. If you’ve been tested and have got positive results, they have to be confirmed with more accurate and exact test — GC/MS.
Is it the chance to pass?
It's not common to test people for Xanax. However, they can test you for benzos if you’re:
- Searching for a job or working in the specific area. Heavy machinery, truck driving, work on the factory military, government structures and few others like hospitals, schools, universities require high responsibility. Job error because of Xanax using causes fatal consequences.
- Professional athlete. If the lab found in your urine sample something like Xanax it can be the end of your career in the sport, reputation, and future. They banned a lot of people from the sport for years because of a couple of pills.
- Patient on rehab. They want to control you all the time, including drug testing for prescribed medications like Xanax. If they detect that you still take the drugs, they can inform your employer or court and complicate your life.
- Hospitalized patient. All patients that were unconscious upon admittance will be tested for toxic substance including benzos. In other cases, they going to test to ensure that the patient really takes the prescription, don’t sell them and don’t take any other illicit substance.
3 things What you’d NOT to do
During preparing for a benzos drug test keep your eyes open. One foolish mistake and you can lose all that precious to you. So:
1. Don’t use. A sudden stop of Xanax use especially if you’ve used high doses for a long time can be dangerous, so be under doctor supervision during this period.
2. Don’t mix. Combination Xanax and alcohol can easily kill you. Its almost 1000 drugs can interact with Xanax and cause side effects. Even grapefruit juice with Xanax is dangerous.
3. Don’t forget about healthy living. Eat proper food and drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. But prevent excessive fluids intake. Make home adulterant test. Remember that exercises increase the speed of metabolism and help cleansing.